Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design, maintain & implement service tooling across the Rivian Service Organization
- Collaborate with strategic partners to support all service providers
- Lead validation of new tools with the Service Lab, Service training, and Technical Publications teams
- Maintain standards and organization of Tooling for the Rivian Service Organization.
- Work with cross-functional teams to create solutions to servicing and repairing Rivian vehicles
- Assist technical writers with service tool procedural content in all service manuals
- Support process improvement activities and validation of repair procedures for accuracy (process, labor times, safety, etc.)
- Drive improvement in efficiency for service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- Validate special service tools prior to implementation to the field
- Design tooling solutions for campaigns and containment initiatives
- Support tooling cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
- Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization
- Proactively collaborate with Service Operations, Field Service, Technical Publications, Service Parts, and Service Training teams.
- 7+ years of experience in Automotive
- BS in Engineering or Technology equivalent
- Experience managing a program from beginning to end
- Experience creating and maintaining product specifications and CAD drawings
- Purchasing/Supplier Management experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Knowledge of commercial automotive tools and equipment
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Hands-on fabrication skills, manufacturing, and experience building prototypes.
- Proven track-record as a problem solver
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.