Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will partner with the design engineering, supply chain, production, production control, quality and manufacturing engineering teams to first build prototype vehicles, and then continue through start of production for the product ensuring that all Operations functions are ready to deliver high quality vehicles to our customers.
- The Operations Launch Management Team ties together product development and operations organizations to bring new vehicles to life.
- Support the Launch Managers in the delivery of the build plan and completion of operations deliverables, including issue management, change control, and driving to closure issues that arise along the way.
- Participate in various cross-functional program, engineering and manufacturing readiness forums. Support the Launch Managers to identify status and path to resolution on major launch deliverables or issues with vehicle design or processes.
- Partner with design engineering, production control, material planning, and supply chain to secure a robust material plan for builds and identify/resolve issues as they rise
- Support the operations readiness workstream, ensuring we meet target objectives and escalate/develop recovery plans as needed. Interact, integrate, and drive results across cross-functional teams in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, production, production control, sales, service, etc.
- Develop processes to streamline launch readiness workflows and operational gaps to support start of production.
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree (junior year completed by May 2021) or Master’s Degree related to Engineering or applied Sciences.
- Proficient in Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Advanced Excel is a plus
- 3D modeling/drawing experience preferred but not required
- Strong Communication and Team Collaboration skills
- Engineering Design and Manufacturing Problem Solving Ability
- A passion for sustainability, energy, and mobility
- Intellectual curiosity to drive an understanding of business performance and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous and highly dynamic environments
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow-up ahead of deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism with a strong sense of urgency to seek out answers.
- Self-starter and constructive team-player with a passion for helping others
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.