Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manages the flow of materials and containers in support of Production.
- Manages the unloading of materials from delivery vehicles and the return of dunnage and empty containers.
- Manages the internal material replenishment process.
- Provide input and support for material replenishment methods and material flow strategies.
- Responsible for the movement and processing of non-conforming and scrap material.
- Drives resolution on non-conforming material to keep “hold” material to a minimum.
- Coordinates operational changes with Production and Materials departments.
- Responsible for the care and proper use of material handling equipment.
- Coordinates activities with Production Control to resolve materials shortages.
- Utilizes Standardized Work (SOS)
- Responsible for managing material flows in a manner that supports a FIFO strategy.
- Manages the cycle counting of inventory.
- Supervises and supports Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Empowers employees to continuously improve their processes and supports their initiatives by eliminating constraints and resolving problems through a team-oriented approach.
- Maintains good labor practices.
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees.
- Maintains employee’s records regarding safety, ergonomics, discrepancies, vacations, attendance, and O/T.
- Communicates best practices, problem resolution and performance data.
- Cross training across different roles in production control.
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams when required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Multiple teams consisting of team leaders and team members.
This is what you’ll need:
Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- 3 years of previous experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- College degree preferred
- 3 years previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Internal candidates interested in this position are required to have spent 6 months in their current position before moving onto another team.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.