Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This Is What You'll Do:
- Deliver training across a variety of environments, both remote learning as well as in person, while adjusting facilitation style for various types of audiences from junior to senior levels
- Execute best in class training methods, tactics and approaches that effectively validate learning
- Work with stakeholders, the training team, and subject matter experts to determine training needs – work quickly to identify, build, and implement training solutions that address identified gaps
- Partner closely with Retail and Customer Service stakeholders to analyze the health of the business, team performance and KPIs in order to provide recommendations and deliver appropriate solutions
- Establish clear goals and objectives for market visits — communicate these objectives to Managers and stakeholders
- Support development and own the implementation of an on-going training strategy designed promote continual learning and development within Retail, Customer Service and Events teams
- Provide side-by-side feedback and coaching for Retail and Customer Service Managers
- Communicate organizational updates and information to the team with an understanding of what is relevant and important to their business
- Design and administer post-training surveys to evaluate effectiveness and deliver reports to management following up from market visits
- Collaborate with stakeholders, the training team, and subject matter experts to develop, maintain and promote continuous improvement of all Retail and Customer Service training programs & initiatives
- Support the onboarding of new Retail and Customer Service team members through New Hire Orientation
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to advise on operational and training gaps as well as propose solutions and implementation plans to address identified gaps
This Is What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 7-10+ years’ experience training within a Retail, Multi-Unit and/or Customer Service environment
- Experience coaching new and seasoned team members across various levels in the organization
- Experience in team leadership with minimum of at least one direct report
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to speak comfortably and confidently publicly
- Ability to evaluate student, manager, and instructor feedback and key performance indicators in order to identify potential areas of improvement
- Ability to work effectively on global and virtual teams, and accommodate time differences
- An upbeat, positive and professional attitude
- User experience with both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Pages, and Keynote programs a plus
- Experience training or facilitating in a retail, customer service or sales support environment a plus
- Experience within the automotive / electric vehicle environment a plus
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.