Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role, you’ll be collaborating with our adventurous team of automation engineers on our cutting-edge end-to-end design of automated test systems for our automotive electronics modules (or ECUs). This will be ranging from level 3+ ADAS and infotainment to the latest battery management and vehicle control systems!
- Work with cross functional groups to create test requirements and a system definition from schematics and block diagrams
- Design custom test PCBAs
- Design rack-based test systems that integrate our PCBAs and off-the-shelf equipment to create a creative test solution for the latest automotive technologies
- Create well documented packages, bills of materials and standard operating procedures
- Manage purchasing, station build, integration and final commissioning
- Maintain and support automated test systems
- Develop automation software
- Compile test data to demonstrate the functional testers meets the specified requirements
- Work closely with module owners to ensure component and module level test reports are generated in a timely manner
- Assist in scheduling of component and module test reports per priorities/program needs
- Perform data analysis to support documentation of performance and durability test reports for validation of components
- Collaborate with cross functional groups to troubleshoot and isolate problems in our electronics modules, test equipment, or automated test systems
- Ability to read electrical circuits and schematics
- Navigating PCB layouts
- Understanding manufacturer’s product data sheets
- Troubleshooting as needed
- Understanding block diagrams and high-level system diagrams
- Experience working with modular test instruments and I/O Systems (PXI, cDAQ, PCI, PCIe)
- Understanding of automation instrumentation such as programmable power supplies, multiplexers, DMMs, signal analyzers, signal generators, multifunction devices (digital and analog)
- Navigating automation communication standards/interfaces such as USB, VISA, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485
- Working with standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, signal analyzers and power meters
- Familiarity with measurement analysis techniques such as Gage RR, Process Capability Analysis, etc.
- Support planning and designing of component and system level tests along with the test procedures
- Experience creating test requirements for electronics from schematics, block diagrams and collaborating with cross functional groups.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.