Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to build RESTful microservices and internal tools.
- Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions.
- Build scalable customer notifications systems including email, conversational SMS, and push.
- Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner.
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities.
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service uptime.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field.
- 10+ years of combined experience as a software engineer and manager.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager.
- Previous experience building scalable, customer facing, notifications systems.
- Must possess strong experience in building cloud native, distributed, and scalable microservices.
- Strong system design and architecture skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment.
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to strategize about future goals while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.