Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work across the organization and engineering teams to deliver high quality products and solutions that delight Rivian customers.
- Develop processes and practices for building, deploying, and testing applications and services using AWS or other cloud services.
- Build tools and automation around CICD best practices.
- Use APIs and webhooks to integrate SDLC tools into a seamless automated release process, including: Jira, Bitbucket, Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS API, CodePipelines, Lambda.
- Build mobile or web applications to track engineering code changes through SDLC.
- Develop monitoring and alerting solutions and dashboards to inform engineering teams on bottlenecks or problem areas of each pipeline.
- Be available for 24x7 on-call rotation to support engineering environments, tools and infrastructure.
- 3+ years working as a software engineer building and supporting a web service or application.
- 3+ years building REST or web APIs to integrate software develop tools or services, using frameworks and languages such as Spring Boot, NodeJS, Golang, Python etc.
- Experience building web or mobile frontends with common frameworks such as (HTML/CSS), Angular, React, React-Native, Swift, Java for Android etc.
- Experience with CICD best practices namely: CI, Infrastructure as Code, Pipelines as Code, automated deployments and testing, monitoring solutions, branching and releasing practices.
- Experience with common build tools and testing procedures.
- Experience with AWS services including: ELB, EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53, CodeCommit, and CodePipeline or other relevant cloud services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.