Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- System Level Design, including electrical and technological expertise to work with in their electrical implementation and their component selection of sensors, actuators, video subsystems, and device functional allocations
- Detailed Component Design, including creating complete electronic modules from the ground up to Rivian Standards
- Work with a multidisciplinary group to specify and design electronic modules to work reliably long term in harsh automotive environments
- Work with packaging engineers and CAE engineers to ensure your design meets all space allocation, physical durability, and endurance requirements
- Support design documentation, including failure analysis, WCCA, derating analysis, and test reports
- Work with software engineers, integration engineers, and release engineers to ensure that software functions correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench, and in the system
- Test and Validation, including working with Test and Validation engineers to ensure your component is tested to the rigorous standards set by Rivian
- Aide in the troubleshooting of any Manufacturing issues
- Bachelor’s Degree In Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in product development or Master’s degree
- Experience in Mixed Signal design methodologies
- Experience in Embedded designs
- Understanding of power electronics
- Ability to work in fast paced and challenging environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.