Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design, validate, and deploy Rivian compute electronics
- Work cross functionally with software, mechanical, validation, and manufacturing teams
- Conduct system design reviews at critical gates of the product
- Bring up and debug electronics on the bench (hands on necessary)
- Integrate compute systems within the vehicle and perform validation measurements
- Support and review component and system level DFMEA/PFMEAs/Validation Plans
- Create functional, electrical, and test requirements for software and validation teams
- Support product definition and architecture for next generation electronics
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on the development of compute platforms
- Deep understanding of SoC architecture
- Proficiency in designing and validating systems with highspeed interfaces (such as PCIe or CSI)
- Strong fundamentals in signal and power integrity
- Strong understanding of designing PCBs for high speed, reliability, and manufacturing
- Working knowledge in design for EMC and other typical regulatory requirements for low voltage electronics
- Proficiency in schematic capture and design layout tools
- Lab proficiency – knowledge of equipment and good lab practices
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and materials
- Familiarity with documentation and release processes for development and production hardware
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of ISO26262 processes
- Familiarity with camera serdes interfaces
- Experience in Python and/or C scripting (primarily to support HW bring up and test)
- Experience in using Linux operating systems (primarily to support HW bring up and test)
- Experience with CAN and Automotive Ethernet
- Experience using simulation tools such as Matlab or PSpice for worst case circuit analyses
- Experience designing FPGAs
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.