Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our Systems Test Engineering team works to test and validate the system and vehicle level features and capabilities at the system level and testing the features and capabilities end to end. We set high quality standards that ensure our vehicles meet the target functionality, safety standards and system performance targets.
We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results!
· Plan, execute, and document tests to verify and validate system behavior and performance, expose issues, and identify root causes.
· Test complex hardware/software systems that push the frontier in hardware design, software design, and system integration.
· Conduct hands-on test preparation and execution as well as write complete test plans, procedures, and reports.
· Analyze test results and sign-off that they are passing, or troubleshoot/identify issue and drive it all the way to bug closure.
· Detailed test plans, vehicle and system monitoring and analysis scripts for ongoing design verification testing.
· Perform Lab testing, and document / analyze results of testing for pass/fail against requirements.
· Conduct fleet data analysis for design verification. See how the fleet is performing on a broader basis vs. requirements by using analysis to identify trends and performance margin.
· Create in-vehicle and component test analysis and execution scripts to automate verification and validation tests.
· High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
· Deep understanding of electrical signals, CAN, LIN, Ethernet
· Ability to use CAN, Ethernet, and LIN analysis tools
· Ability to read through vehicle and component schematics, datasheets, and communication architecture
· Self-Starter, able to lead creatively through the difficulties of vehicle commissioning.
· Ability to rework harnesses and understand vehicle assembly
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
· 3+ years of experience working in vehicle systems
· Deep working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
· BS+ in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
· Python or equivalent scripting knowledge. Strong electrical fundamentals.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.