Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our Platform Architecture team works to create the next generation vehicle systems. In this role we are looking for a lead to help steer some of the vehicle power and energy distribution requirements for the low voltage electrical systems.
You'll help the team:
- Support the design of next generation electrical systems.
- Perform research and development tasks for various technologies.
- Steer the technology adoption across various organizations within Rivian
- Create architectural tradeoff’s considering cost, mass, performance, and serviceability
- We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results!
- Push the limits – You will be helping to driving current and upcoming electrical system requirements for Rivian vehicles.
- Breakdown Problems – You will break down functions and features to their core components and work with teams to build them into unified solutions.
- Optimize solutions – Balancing competing requirements, you will work in a cross functional teams , driving and representing electrical functions in vehicle architectural discussions and decisions for upcoming Rivian vehicle platforms, maintain engineering performance budgets.
- Describe how things work – You will work cross functionally to drive and decompose requirements from product requirements down to electrical component level requirements. You’ll support the development of vehicle logical schematics.
- Lead cross functional engagements – Help drive teams across multiple organizations to steer adoption of new technologies
- Advanced engineering degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to lead multiple teams with a technology from concept to production
- High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
- Ability to dive deep into first principles in electrical to reach a solution
- Deep technical understanding of transportation functional distribution
- Deep technical understanding of mass weight power balancing across a vehicle
- Good understanding of the software and system integration of the components
- High technical competence in electrical engineering
- Strong Creative thinking and problem solving toolbox.
- 6+ years of experience working in systems or electronics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.