Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our electrical architecture team works to create the next generation vehicle systems!
You'll help us:
- Support the design of next generation electrical systems.
- Perform research and development tasks for various technologies.
- Create architectural tradeoff’s considering cost, mass, performance, and serviceability
Breakdown Problems – You will break down functions and features to their core components and work with teams to build them into unified solutions.
Optimize solutions – Balancing competing requirements, you will work in a cross functional teams , driving and representing electrical functions in vehicle architectural discussions and decisions for upcoming Rivian vehicle platforms, maintain engineering performance budgets.
Describe how things work – You will work cross functionally to drive and decompose requirements from product requirements down to electrical component level requirements. You’ll support the development of vehicle logical schematics.
· High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
· Ability to pick up and drive direction through multidisciplinary discussions
· Ability to dive deep into first principles in electrical to reach a solution
· Deep technical understanding of transportation functional distribution
· Deep technical understanding of mass weight power balancing across a vehicle
· High technical competence in electrical engineering
· Strong Creative thinking and problem solving toolbox.
· 6+ years of experience working in systems or electronics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.