Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Manufacturing Reliability Engineering Technician, you will play a key role in assuring unparalleled reliability for Rivian Products, through early identification and mitigation of reliability issues in the manufacturing process. As a Sustaining Reliability Engineering Technician, you’ll work on a high performing team of engineers and technicians to create, operate and maintain test cells for reliability testing of vehicle components.
- Work with Reliability and Manufacturing teams to design and construct world-class manufacturing reliability lab
- Develop and execute burn-in and ongoing reliability tests
- Own complete teardown and problem resolution process; teardown, failure analysis, root cause investigation, escalation of issues.
Day in Life
- Work with sustaining reliability team to design and build ongoing reliability test laboratories
- Work with engineering to select appropriate tools and equipment for job
- Work with team or as an individual contributor on fabrication of test setups
- Work as a team to prep and install components to be tested
- Be responsible for operating and maintaining test equipment
- Be responsible for data acquisition and reporting to Reliability and Manufacturing Engineering
- Work with the team to perform tear down and first pass analysis on failed components
- 5 years industry experience as a laboratory technician or an associate degree in science, engineering or related field
- Experience in developing and constructing custom test equipment.
- Familiarity with laboratory controls and data acquisition
- A passion to provide customers with a quality product
- Knowledge of methods and equipment for laboratory testing
- Data acquisition and report generation
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Mechanical fabrication understanding such as plumbing, welding and machining
- Electrical experience such as high current AC and DC wiring, crimping and soldering
- Experience with EV components such as electric drives and energy storage
- Experience with automotive systems such as chassis, suspension, steering, brakes and low voltage electronics
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques
- Programing, ideally Python
- Experience with operating and maintaining environmental chambers, chillers, power supplies, digital multi-meters, vibration tables, data acquisition modules, torque transducers
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.