Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Reliability Data Scientist, you will play a key role in using data to improve the field safety and reliability performance of Rivian products.
- Work with vehicle telemetry data at scale to provide insight on the reliability of Rivian products
- Develop statistical and machine learning models for predicting and forecasting field failures.
- Work cross functionally with Reliability, Design and Test engineers to write a physics of failure model in Python/Scala/Golang and build a scalable data pipeline to aggregate usage, environmental conditions and stresses on the vehicle systems across the fleet.
- Build scalable full stack infrastructure and data pipelines to aggregate telemetry and service data in order to monitor and predict failures in the field.
- Research and development of multivariate models for prognostics applications.
- Must have 5 or more years of industry experience in a data science or software engineering role or Masters/PhD. Level of role depends on experience and qualifications.
Must have Data Science domain knowledge:
- Experience working with data in Apache Spark, Python and SQL
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering with Python
- Understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts
- Data visualization and communication best practices
- Experience with data at scale technologies such as hadoop/hive/presto/beam
- Cloud infrastructure AWS/GCP with terraform/docker
- Programming in multiple languages such as golang/scala/C/C++
- Experience with survival models and MCMC methods for Bayesian estimation
- Experience with prognostics and health management
- Working knowledge of mathematical or advanced machine learning concepts
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.