Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Define and design user experiences for products that are progressive, exciting, beautiful, and easy to use
- Support in evolving product features into wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity designs and prototypes
- Work with Engineering to define and build the design system
- Help define and build out the material design foundation and documentation
- Work with your design team to review past products and current products to ensure design consistency across the experience
- 5+ years of experience in interactive, ui, visual, and product design
- Experience iterating on products as well as building products from scratch
- Excellent visual design skills
- Experience working with and utilizing design systems
- Experience and familiarity with mobile UI design paradigms
- Expertise with tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Strong body of work that demonstrates an understanding of product design as it applies to native, responsive web, and/or alternative digital products (online body of work required for application)
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working on finance, insurance, banking systems, user profiles and account products is a plus
- Understanding of software implementation process (no coding required) is preferred
- Agile environment experience is preferred
- Usability testing experience is preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.