Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create and maintain design schedules, track deliverables, and establish priorities for the design team.
- Drive product design programs with high-performing, cross functional project teams through the product design lifecycle including concepting, design, development, and delivery of unique product designs and experiences.
- Run design sprints and maintain backlog.
- Evolve your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to guide teams through challenges and deliver great results.
- Schedule and coordinate team meetings to communicate project goals and assignments.
- Follow up and communicate effectively to ensure task completion within the designated timeframe.
- Oversee design team resource management. Negotiate and set expectations with other departments.
- Work with the design team to implement user interface and design guidelines.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings with other teams (product design, marketing, engineering, documentation, quality assurance) to communicate design plans, create schedules, prioritize assignments, and resolve conflicts.
- Manage relationships with outside UX vendors. Ensure vendor work is completed on time, meets quality standards, and is completed within the established budget.
- Manage content delivery process. Design workflows to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Blend multiple disciplines including user interface design, content design, software engineering, business strategy, and marketing.
- BS/BA and 6+ years of experience in project management and Agile methodology.
- Prior experience with working with User Experience teams to create software or internet application development. Digital commerce/e-commerce experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, and visual design principles
- Experience working with a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management, content management, and productivity software
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.