Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Facilities Design team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand; from workplace to retail & production, and everything in-between. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker, with a solid understanding of architectural and interior design standards and practices. This is a creative position focused on building narratives and translating the Rivian brand into spaces that are rich in storytelling, details, materiality, furniture, objects, and installations.
- Participate in design charrettes, conversations, and pin-ups, and presentations
- Develop and communicate design ideas through sketching, drawing, and modeling
- Create concept design packages that include design research, image curation, and plans that tell stories
- Production of Schematic and Design Development level documentation, including schedules, specifications, and details articulating design intent
- Coordinate and collaborate with consultants (architects, engineers, vendors, and fabricators).
- Develop and source physical models and mock-ups
- Review and respond to drawings, shop drawings, and submittals
- File and track project information and documentation
- Work with our in-house FFE & Styling team on furniture presentations, participate in shopping trips, furniture sourcing, and participate in budget, schedule, and installation conversations
- Participate in project site visits and surveys
- Staying abreast of developing trends in the architecture and design community – including sourcing new vendors for procurement and collaboration of custom pieces
- Work with the Concept Standards team in the development of Prototype updates and new Prototype initiatives
- Contribute to the office and team culture and initiatives
- 3+ years of architectural and/or interior design experience
- A college degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating built interior design or architecture experience (including furniture specifications, products, and materials)
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases
- Resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- It’s essential you have a can-do attitude and willingness to dive into a varied set of tasks
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign
- Willingness to travel at a time when it’s safe to do so (post pandemic)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.