Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in technology direction, road-mapping, architecture definition, design, development and delivery of enterprise-class solutions while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements and quality
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, with 10+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- 8+ years hands-on experience in building Saas products, RESTful API’s at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- In-depth knowledge of Web protocols, experience with AWS, Java/Kotlin/Spring-Boot/Python, Kubernates/, Kafka and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, BitBucket
- Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design and architecture of complex systems
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms
- Knowledge of OCPP, OCPI, and ISO 15118 Plug & Charge standards preferred
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.