Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying swag from store, configuring their vehicles to scheduling their service
· Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
· Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling , browser memory usage, load time of the apps
· Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high quality bar is maintained
This is what you’ll need:
· 10 + years of relevant industry experience, with 7+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
· Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
· HTML5, CSS/SASS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP
· Great understanding of SEO principles
· Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
· Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
· Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
· Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
· Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.