Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian's Vancouver team will develop mobile software applications and SDKs for Rivian products. Rivian is establishing a strong foothold in the Vancouver technology scene and attracting talent aligned with Rivian's core values and motivated by our challenging vision of saving the planet by disrupting and revolutionizing the automobile industry.
We are a cross functional team of all backgrounds that values diversity of culture, ideas, and talent and the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is leave our corporate roles and become part of Rivian Vancouver
You are an innovator and a creative problem solver with demonstrated technical abilities proven by your consistent track record of delivering flagship products to market. You have an insatiable desire to solve challenging problems and with your next career move, you are looking to make a meaningful impact. This is a unique opportunity to do just that and become part of a transportation revolution.
- Feature development and technical delivery on key initiatives
- Designing and developing Rivian mobile applications and its associated SDK for mobile devices on Apple’s iOS
- Collaborating with the product and design teams to define app features.
- Design/Improve application architecture to meet product and technology goals
- Ensuring quality and performance of applications while identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Debugging, isolating defects, and fixing bugs before final release.
- Continually improve your skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven iOS App development experience
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with MVVM, Reactive Programming (Swift Combine, RxSwift, etc.)
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Knowledge of Apple's design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience with BT/BLE (Core Bluetooth), Typescript/JS, GraphQL, AWS and React is a big plus
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functionally
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.