Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience across the web, mobile app, and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless, and fun. We are seeking Full Stack Staff Engineer(s)who will be developing large-scale applications using the latest cloud services, AWS resources, and UI frameworks. You’ll be building from the ground up with an obsession towards making these experiences memorable for the customers. You’ll have an opportunity to meet customers and get a first-person view of the state-of-the-art Service Centers.
This is what you’ll do:
- Create Cloud-based applications and microservices along the customer journey that range from configuring their vehicles to scheduling their service.
- Partner with architects and product management on requirements, architecture, design, and development plans.
- Collaborate with UX designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications.
- Take the scale and performance of the applications to the next level using in-house, open-source, and cloud tools and technologies.
- Ensure a high bar of product quality is maintained by creating automated tests for the developed code.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns as they grow their application development skills.
This is what you’ll need:
- 10 + years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of building large scale enterprise-grade systems.
- Experience building distributed systems at scale that can handle millions of transactions/second.
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Good understanding of Kubernetes, AWS technologies, CI/CD pipelines, and RESTful APIS.
- Experience with GraphQL and CSS/SASS.
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug.
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, and load time of the apps. Dedicated to unit and integration testing, and code coverage.
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing.
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field.
Where you’ll work, when the world can safely reopen:
Department: Vehicle Service group with Digital Technology
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.