Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop in-vehicle software applications and services to interact with Rivian cloud
- Design algorithms and data structures for efficient data streaming using object-oriented designs for embedded systems
- Define, develop and maintain REST based cloud interfaces
- Partner with Firmware and software developers for optimal utilization of wireless interfaces and in-vehicle interfaces like CAN and Ethernet
- Define and implement scalable and maintainable Vehicle-to-Cloud interfaces by working closely with Rivian cloud services and mobile apps (iOS, Android) teams
- Support Infotainment team in enabling rich UX and voice-enabled In-vehicle apps and services
- Ensure good software architecture practices are followed across the team; actively contribute to code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of direct experience in Software development for embedded systems
- Must have strong first principles thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must take ownership, operate with a sense of urgency and take issues to closure
- Strong expertise in C/C++ programming skills and some experience in Python or other scripting languages
- 4+ years of developing and leading application software or middleware development for embedded Linux, Android or real-time systems
- Experience working with networking protocols and web services for embedded environment
- Experience developing fleet management solutions for Automotive or Mobility industries
- Proven track record of shipping products out of the door
- Strong cross functional collaboration to come up with elegant system-wide solutions
- Previous experience with Telemetry, device Management and OTA updates for electronic devices
- Expertise in at least one wireless technology - GPS, Cellular or WiFi
- Solid understanding of networking stack, web protocols, OS - Linux, Android or RTOS
- Previous experience designing connection/network management for mobile or IoT devices
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.