Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design and develop Bluetooth connectivity solutions for Rivian specific applications
- Collaborate with vendors for customizing firmware to meet performance requirements
- Design and Implement complex state machines for handoff scenarios
- Develop object-oriented designs, abstraction layers, middleware and system services for embedded Linux and Android
- Define and implement effective strategies for functionality, power and connection management
- Develop drivers and firmware update utilities as necessary
- Actively participate in code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
- Debug pairing, handoff and coexistence issues and develop intelligent solutions that greatly enhances user experience
This is what you'll need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer engineering with 7+ years of software development experience
- Strong C/C++ programming skills and object-oriented designs
- Strong first principles thinking along with excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- 5+ years of hands on experience with Bluetooth classic, low energy and mesh protocols
- Expert level understanding of inner workings of Bluetooth stack, protocols and security
- Extensive experience developing POSIX systems, PCIE, USB, UART, GPIO, or I2C drivers and related firmware
- Prior experience handling chipset vendors, Qualcomm, Cypress, Broadcom or TI in debugging complex technical issues
- Solid understanding of ARM processors, toolchains and internals of Linux and Android
- Good knowledge of upcoming BT SIG standards and interoperability issues with iOS and Android ecosystem
- Prior experience developing and shipping software solutions for Bluetooth based products
- Prior experience building innovative applications using Bluetooth
- Extensive knowledge with coexistence issues with Cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prior experience with firmware updates and device management
- Knowledgeable about NFC standards and solutions to enhance the pairing experience and security
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.