Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is What You'll Do:
- Setup and maintain test environment and framework for the team in collaboration with DevOps, development, and integration teams
- Perform feature design and implementation
- Actively participate in design review and technical discussions
- Lead discussions to test, bug fix, and optimize test solutions
- Support sprint planning and retrospectives
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in embedded systems, software engineering or wireless systems
- A thorough understanding of the OSI model, network protocols, and expertise with test tools such as Wireshark and nmap
- 5+ years of experience with embedded systems and Linux software development using C/C++
- 5+ years of experience with build, deployment, and test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Docker
- Proficient with scripting languages including Python and/or Shell
- Experienced in database access using REST API
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidanceAbility to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.