Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
The systems architecture & integration team is looking for a Technical Program Management TPM intern to assist with a variety of program coordination needs. The internship will consist of contributions to existing processes as well as the opportunity to drive the coordination efforts of a high level, cross-domain vehicle feature.
- Assist in the definition of cross vehicle features
- Drive to completion the implementation and testing of vehicle features. Coordinating schedules across different teams and reporting status and highlighting concerns and blockers
- Work with the software development team to track scope of releases and maintain accurate reporting and status throughout the CI/CD process
- Pursuing a Bachelor's of Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or related discipline
- Good sense of system design & architecture
- Organized & able to present information in a clear concise manner. Making use of graphical representations whenever appropriate.
- Self-starter, always looking for ways to improve the current process
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.