Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be the Chief Engineer of electronic sensing components and systems, driving technical and product excellence at all levels.
- Support and Develop any Proof of Concept work needed to ensure program success
- Push the limits of the supply base in packaging space, power density, and actuator speed.
- Lead complete life-cycle development of cutting edge sensing electronics; including user story development support, specifications development, supplier nomination, and technical and programmatic management.
- Identify, track, and resolve engineering issues
- Engage with all cross-functional engineering and designs teams within the vehicle to understand requirements and fully optimize solutions for overall vehicle cost, invest, tooling, and mass
- Fully integrate components into subsystems and the overall vehicle system
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to maintain component and system level DVPRs and ensure test execution
- Lead the development including PDRs and CDRs, perform DFMEA, functional safety analysis, and PFMEAs.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality to ensure components are delivered on-time at all stages of the program
- High EQ and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong First Principle familiarity with Sensors, positional devices, and actuators.
- Strong understanding of motors and actuator design.
- Understanding of the automotive hardware/software development process
- Experience working with Tier 1s to deliver complete products and systems on time and within budget
- Understanding of PLM and component release cycles
- Experience in ISO26262 development process
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
- Deep understanding of electronics, packaging, and software
- 3+ years of experience working in vehicle level component programs
- Working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
- Strong knowledge of supplier processes, manufacturing and standards
- BS+ in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, or related engineering degree
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.