Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be the Chief Engineer of your electrical components, driving technical and product excellence at all levels.
- Support and Develop any Proof of Concept work needed to ensure program success
- Lead complete life-cycle development of electronics; including user story development, specifications development, supplier nomination, and technical and programmatic management.
- Engage with all cross-functional engineering and designs teams within the vehicle to understand requirements and fully optimize solutions for overall vehicle cost, invest, tooling, and mass
- Lead the development including PDRs and CDRs, perform DFMEA, functional safety analysis, and PFMEAs.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality to ensure components are delivered on-time at all stages of the program
- Fully integrate components into subsystems and the overall vehicle system
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to maintain component and system level DVPRs and ensure test execution
- High EQ and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Understanding of the automotive hardware/software development process
- Experience working with Tier 1s to deliver complete products and systems on time and within budget
- Understanding of PLM and component release cycles
- Experience in ISO26262 development process
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
- Deep understanding of electronics, packaging, and software
- 3+ years of experience working in vehicle level component programs
- Working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
- Strong knowledge of supplier processes, manufacturing and standards
- BS+ in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, or related engineering degree
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.