Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with all aspects of the electrical team (systems/integration/design) to build out the master development and integration schedule; drive this development and integration cycle throughout the vehicle line.
- Work closely with the electrical architecture and component design teams to drive electrical development throughout the v-cycle.
- Work with the Vehicle Line to translate corporate strategy and vehicle program milestones into detailed product/feature roadmaps aligned with development timing
- Work with the vehicle line and other teams to drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and push integration to the vehicle via design reviews including driving solutions for integration issues, ensuring all pre series builds are supported to effectively launch the vehicle
- Ensure the management of the functional vehicle engineering budget and operate a clear Risk and Opportunities capture approach.
- Generate meaningful development metrics and responsible for program deliverables status at weekly reviews and collation of departmental status for program gateways.
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover
- Work in close proximity to the Vehicle Line cascading status/issues/and critical paths bidirectionally to an indirect team
- 6+ years experience on a program team or equivalent experience
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Integration and launch experience on a vehicle or highly complex electromechanical system.
- High communication ability in technical and nontechnical domains
- Product Release Experience, Commercial Acumen, Automotive Quality processes
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical/software systems.
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.