Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Thermal Testing Intern will gain hands-on experience designing, building and proving out the test set-up for thermal/cabin testing in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpret operational use cases and support the corresponding validation tests on a bench or in-vehicle
- Specify and oversee Thermal/HVAC systems instrumentation and sensors installations and testing
- Present reports on analysis and conclusions for future reference
- Perform bench tests for the test cases used in 1-D simulation
- Assist with writing the test procedures from scratch
- Working towards a Master’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering with focus on Thermal and/or Fluid dynamics subjects
- Familiarity with Thermal and fluidic system design, testing, and correlation for vehicle thermal systems
- Strong technical background in Aerothermal and/or Mechanical engineering
- Ability to produce technical reports and presentations
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Experience with Data acquisition systems or software such as Vector-CAN, ETAS-INCA (or others) is a plus
- Experience with thermocouples, pressure transducers, fluid flow meters, airflow anemometers
- A successful candidate is a self-starter, someone who can identify and solve problems with minimal guidance with a willingness to get hands dirty
- Hands-on FSAE OR thesis related lab-work experience is a preferable
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.