Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The well qualified candidate for the Electric Power Conversion (EPC) Emebedded Software internship will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation and testing of various embedded software components in support of the electric power conversion team. The intention of this position is to expose the candidate to a broad range of embedded software tasks – with the objective of gaining experience and identifying a growth path. Projects assigned will include but not be limited to Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing, AUTOSAR OS implementations, bare metal OS support and Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) component design. The candidate will be assigned a range of tasks intended to both help achieve EPC goals and to allow the candidate to gain experience in a variety of software disciplines.
- Design and support of HAL and bare-metal OS implementations for EPC applications
- Support AUTOSAR based infrastructure coding in the support of EPC applications
- Create elegant/efficient real time software components and interfaces
- Develop software component testing methodologies and implementations to ensure maturity/stability
- Work with hardware at a bench and HIL level to guarantee software operation
- Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance and support
- Document requirements, software design and test procedures/results
- Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices using the C programming language
- A burning desire to absorb the Rivian save RTOS implementation, APIs and components
- Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (GitFlow)
- Ability to optimize build/test flow using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
- Strong background in software component design and testing
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about ISO-26262 practices
- Enrolled in an applicable engineering field (EE, CS, CE)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.