Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
- Design and implement processes & equipment to grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
- Partner with Production Engineers and Leaders to ensure successful ramp and long term production.
- Provide product feedback to Design Engineering Teams to ensure product manufacturability without compromising on end-functionality and performance.
- Ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are achieved on all projects.
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Be part of a world-class Engineering Team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college of university.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with key manufacturing concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, etc.) a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in both 2D & 3D CAD environments.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.