Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Design team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand, from workplace to retail to production and everything in between. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker, with a strong desire to grow in interior design standards and practices.
This Design Intern will be involved in multiple projects in all stages of the design process from concept through close-out. You’ll have first-hand experience with space programming, utilizing data from multiple stakeholders and creating spaces that not only inspire but function well. You’ll have the unique opportunity to gain valuable learnings working cross-functionally with the in-house Real Estate, Architectural & Engineering, Construction, and Operations teams - seeing how the entire cycle works from acquisitions to being fully operational.
- Prepare test fits and blocking diagrams, space planning, and conceptual design schemes
- Assist with schematic design presentations and documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
- Participate in furniture, fixture, and equipment selections and specifications
- Assist with material selections, sample ordering, vendor relationships, and library organization
- Work with Internship Lead to produce a project focused on prototyping and creating standards for Rivian’s Retail environments.
- Pursing a Bachelor's Degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field
- Portfolio demonstrating commercial interior design or architecture interest
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Fluent in Revit, knowledge of AutoCAD
- Be resourceful, proactive and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to complete projects working alongside other team members within tight, fast-paced deadlines
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.