Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
The Design team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand, from workplace to retail to production and everything in between. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker, with a strong desire to grow in BIM, Design Technology, or Computational design standards and practices.
This Design Intern will be involved in multiple projects in all stages of the design process from concept through close-out. You’ll have first-hand experience with Standards, utilizing data from multiple stakeholders and creating systems that not only inspire but function well. You’ll have the unique opportunity to gain valuable learnings working cross-functionally with the in-house Real Estate, Architectural & Engineering, Construction, and Operations teams - seeing how the entire cycle works from acquisitions to being fully operational.
- Prepare architectural massing diagrams, test fits, space planning, and conceptual design schemes
- Assist with schematic design presentations and documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
- Assist in the development of design standards, tools, and templates
- Assist in furniture, fixture, and equipment selections and specifications
- Assist with material selections, sample ordering, vendor relationships, and library/ database organization
- Work with Internship Lead to produce a project focused on prototyping and creating standards for Rivian’s Charge environments.
- Pursing a Bachelor's degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field
- Portfolio demonstrating design thinking, architecture, and/or commercial interior design
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Fluent in Revit, knowledge of AutoCAD
- Be resourceful, proactive and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to complete projects working alongside other team members within tight, fast-paced deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.