Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Construction/Engineering Intern will work closely with the Construction Manager(s)/ Facility Engineer (s) and shall help with administrative and management activities, associated with our construction projects. Facilities associated with this role may include, workplaces, production facilities, retail and service networks and charging networks. The Facilities construction team consists of project management and associated support staff; overseeing direct vendors, subcontractors and/or General Contractors across a wide range of projects. The Facility maintenance team consists of facility engineers, maintenance techs, and support staff; overseeing maintenance, repair, installation, and design review of equipment related to the supply of utilities to the production facility.
- Attends various internal and external meetings and produce meeting agendas prior to the meeting and meeting minutes after the meeting, for team follow-up
- Organize and maintain various documents and logs, including but not limited to; drawing packages, specifications, project schedules, procurement logs, RFI logs, submittal logs, quality control logs, completion logs, etc.
- Prepare, manage, route and post Request For Information (RFI’s)
- Assist CM with weekly/monthly reporting, to include photo documentation for progress updates
- Coordinate activities with other Rivian staff, departments, and public agencies
- Assist CM with obtaining and processing monthly payment applications and change order requests documentation for all direct vendors, subcontractors and general contractors
- Support quality audit programs, oversee contractor and/or vendor corrective actions, and ensure a quality project conforming to plans and specifications
- Support implementation of Rivian safety vision with general contractors, subcontractors and vendors to ensure they comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures
- Provide support to other facility engineering personnel, as requested
- Assist CM with leading projects “the Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork
- Assist project managers in execution of their essential job functions
- Assist in execution of contractor bid process, weekly tasks and job meetings during capital projects, timely preparation and execution of equipment orders, tracking equipment orders and scheduling deliveries in accordance with construction schedule, and project closeout (i.e. punch lists, as-builts, final invoicing)
- While performing the duties of this job, the Intern is frequently required to stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands arms; and talk or hear
- The Intern is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- In the performance of the duties of this job the Intern is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Completion of your sophomore year by May 2021 in an accredited 4-year program for Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, is preferred, however others will be considered if candidates display an eagerness to learn with the aptitude to perform.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables at once
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with the ablility to communicate across disciplines and management teams while maintaining professional presence in representing department
- Takes initiative and strives for increased responsibility
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite and BlueBeam/PDF software
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.