Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Construction Intern will work closely with the Construction Manager(s) and shall help with administrative and management activities, associated with our construction projects. Facilities associated with this role may include, workplaces, production facilities, retail and service networks and charging networks. The Facilities construction team consists of project management and associated support staff; overseeing direct vendors, subcontractors and/or General Contractors across a wide range of projects.
- Attends various internal and external meetings and produce meeting agendas prior to the meeting and meeting minutes after the meeting, for team follow-up
- Organize and maintain various documents and logs, including but not limited to; drawing packages, specifications, project schedules, procurement logs, RFI logs, submittal logs, quality control logs, completion logs, etc.
- Prepare, manage, route and post Request For Information (RFI’s)
- Assist CM with weekly/monthly reporting, to include photo documentation for progress updates
- Coordinate activities with other Rivian staff, departments, and public agencies
- Assist CM with obtaining and processing monthly payment applications and change order requests documentation for all direct vendors, subcontractors and general contractors
- Support quality audit programs, oversee contractor and/or vendor corrective actions, and ensure a quality project conforming to plans and specifications
- Support implementation of Rivian safety vision with general contractors, subcontractors and vendors to ensure they comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures
- Completion of your sophomore year by May 2021 in an accredited 4-year program for Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, is preferred, however others will be considered if candidates display an eagerness to learn with the aptitude to perform.
- To successfully perform the typical tasks and duties of the position, the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities listed below are required:
- Assist CM with leading projects “the Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables at once
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Takes initiative and strives for increased responsibility
- Demonstrates emotional maturity, punctuality and dependability
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite and BlueBeam/PDF software
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.