Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
In this position you will assist the Propulsion Quality team on Powertrain and Energy Solutions.
- Support Powertrain and Energy Storage Solution Quality Engineering Teams Including:
- Perform Leak test studies for Drive Units
- Component correlation studies: gear/housings/motor stacks etc.
- Sediment analysis benchmarking
- Mass measurement studies
- Data collection and traceability Software implementation?
- Battery Cell quality studies
- Battery Pack quality operations support
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated: Ability to set direction and follow project and tasks through to completion
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.