Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Senior Supplier and Manufacturing Reliability Data Scientist, you will play a key role in architecting data that provide unparalleled insight into the reliability performance of Rivian products.
- Create data connection and visualization for supplier reliability test data
- Identify manufacturing data relevant to Reliability and build data connections and visualizations for it
- Create data connection and visualization for supplier and in house burn in and ongoing reliability testing
- Align with Field Reliability data science team to establish a feedback loop between field, manufacturing, and ongoing reliability data
- Working with Supplier Reliability and Supplier Quality to identify data connections for supplier reliability data
- Working with the Sustaining Reliability Team and Manufacturing Engineering teams to identify Reliability relevant data to visualize
- Working with Sustaining Reliability team to create a dashboard to visualize burn-in and ongoing reliability test data
- Creating Tableau dashboards to visualize data
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- 5-10 years of industry experience in a Data Science role.
- Level of Role depends on experience and qualifications.
- In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability:
- Experience in architecting reliability data for an OEM, preferably in an automotive setting
- Expert in SQL and ability to mentor data analysts
- Expert in reliability KPI visualizations
- Expert in Tableau with experience in server publishing
- Experience with Python and appropriate libraries such as Pandas
- Field data
- Manufacturing data
- Reliability statistics, ie. MTBF, Weibull
- Reliability test data – thermal cycling, vibration
- Dyno test equipment data
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.