Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Senior Supplier and Manufacturing Reliability Data Scientist, you will play a key role in architecting data that provide unparalleled insight into the reliability performance of Rivian products.
- Create data connection and visualization for supplier reliability test data
- Identify manufacturing data relevant to Reliability and build data connections and visualizations for it
- Create data connection and visualization for supplier and in house burn in and ongoing reliability testing
- Align with Field Reliability data science team to establish a feedback loop between field, manufacturing, and ongoing reliability data
- Working with Supplier Reliability and Supplier Quality to identify data connections for supplier reliability data
- Working with the Sustaining Reliability Team and Manufacturing Engineering teams to identify Reliability relevant data to visualize
- Working with Sustaining Reliability team to create a dashboard to visualize burn-in and ongoing reliability test data
- Creating Tableau dashboards to visualize data
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- 5-10 years of industry experience in a Data Science role.
- Level of Role depends on experience and qualifications.
- In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability:
- Experience in architecting reliability data for an OEM, preferably in an automotive setting
- Expert in SQL and ability to mentor data analysts
- Expert in reliability KPI visualizations
- Expert in Tableau with experience in server publishing
- Experience with Python and appropriate libraries such as Pandas
- Field data
- Manufacturing data
- Reliability statistics, ie. MTBF, Weibull
- Reliability test data – thermal cycling, vibration
- Dyno test equipment data
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.