Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about investigating failures, finding key insights in large datasets, and collaborating across the company with design, finance, service, manufacturing, remanufacturing, purchasing, quality, and supply chain.
- As a Field Reliability Engineer, you will apply reliability engineering concepts to continuously improve reliability for mechanical systems across all of Rivian’s products.
- Utilize reliability statistics to identify reliability trends in the field and provide a clear snapshot of risk.
- Facilitate root cause investigations, with a major focus on physics of failure and a data-driven approach.
DAY IN LIFE
- Create statistical analysis of reliability data by identifying the most appropriate life metric to create meaningful reliability analyses, ranging from simple time or miles analysis to big data physics of failure driven approaches. Utilize big data for reliability, using the new possibilities that a connected car and a direct servicing strategy allow.
- Create reliability forecasts to provide visibility to design, finance, service, manufacturing, remanufacturing, purchasing, quality, and supply chain allowing early insight on field issues and a coordinated technical and business strategy for deployment of containment and countermeasures.
- Facilitate root cause investigations for field failures, with a major focus on physics of failure and a data-driven approach.
- Analyze usage, stress and environmental conditions from the field to continuously improve product requirements and test methods.
- Provide reliability design and process guidelines based on field findings and maintain a knowledge base of reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline or equivalent. Preferably one or more years of industry experience in a reliability engineering role. Level of role depends on experience and qualifications. In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics in field of Reliability.
- Domain knowledge and hands-on experience with mechanical or electrical systems
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
- A deep understanding of reliability concepts, and a proven expertise in applying Weibull analysis to drive priorities in reliability.
- Application of fault tree and block diagram analyses to assess system reliability
- Experience with statistical software for reliability such as JMP or the ReliaSoft suite
- Understanding of fleet reliability monitoring metrics and reliability KPIs.
- Experience in Python, creating reliability data visualizations
- Knowledge of database structures and practical understanding and use of SQL. Experience in working with large data sets.
- Practical hands on experience in the failure analysis process
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.