Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Execute and monitor vehicle and component level tests.
- Assist in the development of mule test planning, high level timing plans, data analysis, control system data collection and some calibration.
- Execution and documentation of specific portions of the vehicle and component DVP&R using the Jira, Jama, and proprietary tool sets.
- Instrumentation of test articles including thermocouples (Type J and K), strain gauges, accelerometers, and load transducers.
- Create test documentation including test instructions, specifications, drawings and verification plans.
- Drive vehicles to perform testing at Proving Ground environments
- Support off-site vehicle testing such as cold/hot weather, off-road
- Perform subjective evaluations to identify system failure modes.
- Lead initial root cause analysis for failures and issues on vehicles at the proving ground.
- Meet with vehicle design teams to ensure valid test results.
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related science from an accredited university
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of vehicle level and component level tests
- Team first mentality
- Innate curiosity about all things automotive
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience at Proving Grounds
- Experience with data loggers and data acquisition systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.