Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a hardware design intern, you will work to test and analyze existing self-driving and ADAS hardware platforms for the R1 vehicles as well as support prototyping of our next generation designs.
- Be part of the electronics design team for RF (LTE, WiFi/BT, high-speed SoC, memory, Ethernet, CAN, control of various vehicle functions using general purpose I/O, high/low side, PWM analog/digital inputs, camera inputs, display outputs, Schematic capture, PCB layout, PCBA build and test.
- Support design validation testing, analyze test data, documentation of all aspects of design process, debugging issues both on and off the vehicles using lab equipment.
- Be cross collaborative in the fast paced environment, making large impacts, taking responsibility and completing tasks as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or similar (Junior+ Preferred)
- Programming language, Python or C++ preferred
- Understanding of basic analog/digital circuit design, OrCAD schematic capture, debugging skills using oscilloscopes, temp chambers, general lab equipment
- Working knowledge of Schematic Capture, Hardware Design, Embedded Systems, Firmware Development
- Relative internship experience in the Tech, Automotive, or Mobility Industry is preferred
- Microsoft tools preferred
- Preference for participants who have been actively involved in Adventurous or Automotive related teams, clubs, hobbies or activities
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced program with a diverse team
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.