Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Simulation modeling to improve existing planning process (i.e. get out of excel)
- Collaborate with Fleet Ops modeling out the strategy for Europe and Asian market expansion
- Be part of a high caliber corporate strategy team that drives overall company direction with significant exposure to leadership and senior management
- Conduct market research, develop operating strategy, product strategy and identify/pursue strategic relationships
- Drive short term and long-term decision making across product development and commercial areas including incubating new functions from a clean sheet
- Collaborate with other parts of the organization including commercial and engineering teams to develop and inform strategy’
- Create investor materials for board of director and shareholder meetings
- Develop fundraising and IPO materials, including high level documents detailing company strategy and progress
- Support Rivian’s primary business planning function with market analyses and competitive research
- Develop cohesive strategies and execute cross functional project plans
- Synthesize and present targeted recommendations to the executive team
- Perform quick analyses to advise major decisions and investments
- Build models which forecast performance across eclectic business units
- Pursuing an MBA from an accredited college or university, graduating in Spring 2022
- Experience or an undergraduate degree in Engineering a plus
- Proven ability to apply first principles thinking and a continuous improvement mindset
- Six Sigma Green Belt and above is a plus
- Demonstrates expertise in all the aspects (mathematics, constraints, business processes, etc.) of modeling, optimization and simulation and problem at hand
- Agility in zooming in (to understand and capture minor details in a process) and zooming out (connect to the bigger picture) depending on the audience
- Understands stakeholder feedback and incorporates changes to the model, presentations, and project plans
- Proficient in data mining, analysis and reporting on large and complex datasets
- Working knowledge of freight, logistics or transportation industry is preferred
- Experience in Business Operations, Customer Operations, Retail Operations, Corporate Strategy or Corporate Development (preferred)
- Interested in Energy, Mobility and Sustainability
- Leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in independently in challenging environments
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with financial modeling and accounting (preferred)
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable delivering information to an executive audience
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint (required)
- Proficient with MS Excel (required)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.