Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design, develop and deploy embedded software for application and platform systems for Rivian Automotive Self-Driving products
- Provide solutions and software deliverables to support hardware bring-up, verification for automotive products
- Develop multi-threaded systems as well as embedded platform development on Real-Time OS
- Work on ADAS ECUs to implement Security (Secure Boot, Secure Communication) with guidance from Rivian’s Security team
- Develop Socket applications making using of networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP, DHCP, and HTTP
- Assist in software-design and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
- Design and implement software in an embedded environment
- Analysis of requirements, the architecture, design, development, code review, quality assurance and deployment of entire software engineering life cycle
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Security, Connected Car, Infotainment, Common Software, and Powertrain teams
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Embedded software development and optimization
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming
- Real Time Operating Systems (for example QNX)
- Experience with Secure Boot
- Experience working with crypto modules, ARM modules, Trustzone
- Experience in automotive applications
- Knowledge of automotive functional safety (ISO 26262)
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs
- High performance processors and platforms such as ARM, ATOM, DSP, FPGA, GPU
- Experience in middleware technologies like ROS or DDS
- Successfully led the launch of a software technology product
- Mastery of Atlassian products
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.