Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop and maintain the Enterprise-wide Identity Access Management (IAM) program.
- Architect, Recommend Solutions, Support, maintain and develop the security infrastructure to support all agencies under a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) System.
- Administration and support of privileged access management (e.g., Beyond Trust Password Safe), two- factor authentication (e.g., Azure), and smart card (e.g., Yubikieys, Certificate etc.) technologies.
- Strong understanding of SAML 2.0, WsFed, Kerberos, and Active Directory and LDAP
- Provide administrative support for the agency Enterprise-wide IAM and the associated systems.
- Assist with validating requests connecting applications Lead the application integration requests into the IAM operation.
- Test and recommend patches and upgrades related to the Directory infrastructure, test and implement advanced authentication methods and coordinate maintenance on all associated IAM servers
- Establish and maintain the approval workflows required for each connecting application
- Manage the web interfaces used for user logins and user password self-service systems.
- Assist with coordinating the build-out of IAM connectors to requested applications or systems.
- Investigate and report back to management all issues and problems with published workflows.
- Support and maintain the user password self-service systems.
- Research and implement the upcoming technologies related to user authentication.
- Assist with the managing the login and access control lists (ACL), such as but not limited to: Application Client, Single Sign-On, and Client Trust services.
- Maintain production application(s) in a running state on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis.
- Assist with the timely and appropriate conduct of all mandated Security related access certifications and audits.
- Participate in all disaster recovery drills.
- Project management expertise with implementations in a large-scale enterprise Operational Technology and Informational Technology environments.
- Experience implementing IAM technologies in mission critical networks which require the highest levels of security.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory Architecture in highly secure environments (Red Forest), hardening of directory, secure structure, auditing of the directory and implementation of controls into the directory.
- Strong knowledge of Auditing Tools and ability to identify and manage risk in the IAM space. Privilege Access Management for Operational and Information Technology Networks.
- Strong understanding of PKI and smartcard deployments (password less environments for on-premise and cloud environments).
- Strong understanding of REST API and integration of tools.
Familiar with Beyond Trust Privileged Remote Access (PRA). This solution empowers security professionals to control, monitor, and manage privileged users' access to critical systems.
- Experience in network user account security, compliance and access best practices.
- Experience with web services security solutions and application integration concepts
- Familiarity with Governance and Compliance issues and solutions as it relates to Identity Management.
- Understanding and designing IAM solutions for heterogeneous environments and systems.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of current security appliances, tools, and applications and security methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competency in resolving diverse and complex business problems.
- Must be able to work outside of normal working hours as needed to support and resolve security needs.
- Strong Teamwork and Leadership skills
- 6+ years' experience with Information Security and Information Security
- 2-4 years' experience with Infrastructure
- 4-6 years' experience with IT Security Administration, Microsoft Active Directory and Project Management
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.