Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Smart Diagnostic Systems mission is to ensure our products are always capable of keeping our customers out on their adventure.
We achieve our mission by developing the most advanced integrated diagnostic system in the world; capable of proactively monitoring, analyzing and learning from our fleets throughout their lifecycle.
The Diagnostics Cloud team is tasked with developing the tools that will help in developing the root cause analysis system that captures vehicle and diagnostic data to drive fault understanding, recognition and prevention to multiple stakeholders. In this role you will lead the design, development and implementation of machine learning models to drive predictive analysis and root cause identification to leverage data and compute to drive down the identification, prevention and rectification of faults within our assets.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design, implement, deploy and evaluate machine learning models and features towards predictive and preventative maintenance of Rivian’s asset fleets (including all of our vehicles, battery packs, chargers, etc.)
· Design and implement data collection pipelines
· Write high-quality code, with emphasis on maintainability, readability, and testing
· Review code and technical designs
· Willingness to learn and work on other parts of our platform stack
· Design clean experiments and analyze effectively by performing statistical analysis
· Gain a unique look into how Electric Vehicles work inside-out and strengthen your Electric Vehicle domain knowledge
· Collaborate with agile cross-functional teams to roll out new ML models in production
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Master’s Degree in related field
· 3+ years of experience building high impact ML models in production as a machine learning engineer or applied machine learning scientist
· Experience with ML software packages and tools (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Torch, Spacy, NLTK)
· Proficient in at least one or more programming languages, including (but not limited to) Python or Golang
· Familiarity with modern data storage messaging and processing tools (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Spark, Elastic and big data systems)
· Solid foundation in statistics/linear algebra and self-sufficient in data exploration, experimentation and analytics
· Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (regression, classification, time series, causal inference, text analytics, etc.)
· Apply research and academic work to real-world problems
· Desire to learn new technologies on the job
· Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
· PhD in related field
· Experience with timeseries data
· Worked at a SaaS or business software company
· Past experience with Electric Vehicles
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.