Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Serve as the “subject matter expert” within one or more vehicle sub-systems driving diagnostic system development
- Serve as the primary interface between your domain’s software development team and diagnostic software, manufacturing and service
- Organize feedback from the assembly plant, service and engineering to facilitate continued diagnostic system improvement and drive the update of requirements and implementation
- Oversee DFMEA and PFMEA activities for your domain focus
- Define diagnostic system coverage requirements for your sub-system based on DFMEA and PFMEA results
- Develop diagnostic monitoring strategies for your domain including: detailed requirements definition, algorithm development and software implementation oversight / validation
- Develop service routines including: functional requirements development, software development oversight / validation, integration oversight with the broader in-house diagnostic ecosystem
- Work with your domain’s software development team to ensure correct implementation of all diagnostic system requirements
- Support technical integration of your domain at the assembly plant
- Work with the diagnostic teams to ensure appropriate implementation of the broader diagnostic system including: aide troubleshooting bugs, update requirements and implementation based on stakeholder feedback, provide support to execute testing, integration and calibration activities
- BS in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Software related discipline)
- 2+ years of experience in an Engineering role (level negotiable based on experience)
- Technical understanding of electrical vehicle architecture
- Hands-on working capability with electromechanical (vehicle) systems
- Effective ability to troubleshoot and root cause complex systems
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CANFD, DoCAN, DoIP, ETH, LIN, XCP, SENT, etc.)
- Familiarity with diagnostic standards (ISO-14229, SAE J2012, SAE J1979/ISO-15031, SAE J1962, etc.)
- Familiarity with SAE J2012-DA and SAE J1979-DA is a plus
- Experience in OBD-II, (cyber)security, and telematics is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional disciplines, including external stakeholders
- Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Rivian as a whole using a first principles approach
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.