Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead the monthly and quarterly divisional overhead forecasts and budgets for the Commercial organization at Rivian; includes collecting and tracking headcount, operating and capital expenses
- Conduct variance analysis to budget and forecast, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Accounting to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Act as a trusted business partner in the Commercial organization by effectively articulating, reviewing and analyzing divisional overhead budgets and forecasts
- Prepare presentations that provide insightful analysis and required action items to support leadership with making informed business decisions
- Proactively work to improve data quality and collection processes to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up
- Provide robust decision support for business decisions through a methodical and holistic analytical approach with the ability to view challenges through various lenses
- Flawless attention to detail, but also ability to see the big picture
- Flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier
- Ability to partner with people of various background and levels
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required, experience with Adaptive Insights and SAP a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.