Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including indirect purchasing contracts, general terms and conditions, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and service contracts with a focus on supporting Rivian’s services, logistics, facilities, manufacturing and indirect procurement teams.
· Work closely with internal clients and senior members of the legal team on supply chain/procurement matters, organize and manage legal review deadlines and completion goals for related agreements.
· Support Rivian’s legal playbook and training materials, and collaborate with internal business clients to develop and implement a variety of company-wide policies, processes, and guidelines.
· Provide accurate and timely advice to internal clients on range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
· Work together with senior members of Rivian’s legal team on project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including financing transactions and strategic partner relationships.
· Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution and other matters as they arise.
This is what you’ll need:
· Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school, and an active member in good standing of the Michigan, Illinois, or California Bar
· At least ten (10) years of commercial transactions experience with focus in procurement of goods and services in the automotive or manufacturing industry.
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, with attention to detail.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.