Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Operate as a vital part of Rivian’s compensation team by supporting our global compensation programs, including base salary, short- and long-term incentive plans.
- Partner with a highly strategic compensation team building and adapting programs to effectively reward employees aligned with overall organizational goals, contributing to Rivian’s exciting growth journey.
- Conduct market studies and analysis to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to the company’s compensation philosophy for all levels of jobs, job families and locations.
- Complete compensation analysis associated with new job requisitions, current employees, and promotion requests by leveraging benchmark, current incumbent, and internal salary ranges data.
- Review and approve offers, ensuring internal equity and pay parity.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners and People Partners in developing competitive compensation packages for candidates aligned with our overall compensation philosophy.
- Support compensation initiatives, including annual planning cycles, across multiple functions and client groups, including modeling, project planning, communication and education
- Support development, ongoing maintenance, and education around our job architecture, including related salary structure.
- Develop creative methods for compiling and preparing data for company leadership, including but not limited to designing reports and tools to use in compensation-related analytics and dashboards.
- Participate in compensation surveys (e.g., Radford, Mercer, Willis Towers Watson, etc.).
- Handle employee or stakeholder queries/issues and escalate them where appropriate.
- Conduct modeling to project cost and impacts of potential compensation programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in compensation analysis and administration preferred
- Experience in compensation salary planning, incentive programs, market pricing and analytics preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn Rivian's HRIS and talent management systems
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.