Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Regional Technical Training Instructor position requires someone with exceptional ability to assess needs, develop & deliver appropriate training solutions, and build strong working relationships. Individuals must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor. The Regional Service Technical Training Instructor will take responsibility for ensuring their Service region is equipped to deliver the best ownership experience the world has ever seen for every Rivian customer.
- Support developing needed training skills and curriculum that supports every service team member with their technical knowledge development
- Serve, coach, and mentor Service Team Leads (Coaches) to enhance core capabilities and ensure continuous process improvement.
- Partner with Service leadership to identify training and development needs within their region(s).
- Develop region and Service Center-specific learning plans to ensure regions associated business metrics.
- Develop learning solutions in close consultation with Service, Sales, and Delivery.
- Provide ongoing training and development support to ensure a problem-solving mindset is applied and effectively utilized across Service.
- Provide service specific training to Rivian Service on electric vehicles equipped with complex automotive/electromechanical systems (powertrain, passive restraint system, steering/suspension/brakes, thermal management).
- Provide specific & general training on high voltage DC systems.
- Develop and deliver technical training solutions equipping service employees to perform roles safely and to Rivian EH&S standards.
- Maintain expert knowledge of: methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Develop training in close consultation with support teams (engineering, Field Engineering)
- Manage the operations of the regional training hub including, but not limited to: training schedule, inventory maintenance, facilities management, daily operations, etc.
- Degree from a University, Certificate program in Automotive Technology, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Proactive, flexible, confident, professional, and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives working independently and also able to contribute strongly as a member of a high performing team.
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve as a partner/consultant to service leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex problem-solving activities and initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Tech savvy – able to expertly use a full suite of office and learning technologies
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Valid passport preferred
- Experienced technician and/or technical training facilitator
- Strong automotive system repair knowledge and training experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.