Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be responsible for the development, release, and validation of Body Structures Static Sealing & Adhesive applications.
Coordinate with Body Structures Design Team, Manufacturing, CAE, and physical testing validation during Design, Prototype and Production Launch phases.
Work with CAD team to document 3D Sealing & Adhesive in Catia v6 / Enovia PLM system.
Support supplier selection process with heavy interface to purchasing and from supplier engagement.
Engage in debate and discussions during all body design reviews as owner of BIW static sealing & adhesive applications.
Work closely with plant to minimize water leaks, air leaks, and root cause failure modes for on-going quality improvements.
Be technical lead for Static Sealing/Adhesive, driving best practices and fundamentals/requirements into design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- In-depth Experience / Knowledge in delivering Body Structures Static Sealing & Adhesive solutions:
- Body Shop / Paint shop Sealers (Bulk & Die cuts)
- Structural Adhesives (Bulk & Die cuts), Liquid Applied Sound Deadener (LASD), Baffles, Mastic Pads, Structural Foams, Anti-Flutter, Bonded Roof Reinforcers (DVD Pads)
- Knowledge of pre-treatment and adhesive systems for aluminum and mix material applications
- Knowledge of metallic coating (i.e. galvanizing, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of Body Structure Joining processes (SPR, FDS, & Welding)
- Fundamental knowledge in NVH requirements
- Catia V5/6 Basic application user
- Ability to work in a team in a fast-pace environment
- Familiarity with DFMEAs, DVPS and functional safety requirements
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.