Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
In this position you will execute logistics operations for all Rivian facilities, supplier locations, and event sites, etc. while also providing support to the other Rivian locations.
- At Rivian, logistics operations includes all modes of transportation (parcel, truck, air, ocean, rail), domestic and international, inbound, outbound, and special projects.
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers. Support for shipping receiving, and warehousing when necessary.
- Handle scheduling and execution of Operations utilizing all modes of transportation including Prototype Finished Vehicle moves.
- Ownership of issue resolution on transportation related questions, concerns, escalations.
- Develop Standard Work Instructions and documentation to support new and existing processes.
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves and dive into the weeds.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Logistics.
- Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to develop and interpret data to drive execution and decision-making
- You have a collaborative method of working and capability in a range of communication styles. You can clearly explain complex issues to a variety of audiences, think about the big picture when communicating, and report technical details succinctly
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.