Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Packaging Intern is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation and justification of all packaging materials: including custom racks, standard baskets, totes, expendable packaging and clear understanding of material flow processes within Rivian.
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals
- Gain new experience by designing and developing protective containers, dunnage, unique shipping racks and expendable– domestic and international.
- Helps determine cost and feasibility of expendable versus returnable packaging.
- Work closely and communicate efficiently with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Learn how to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to determine physical requirements, quality, safety and materials needs.
- Creates drawings, specifications, samples, and written analyses of packaging for approvals.
- Analyzes engineering designs and specification to establish physical requirements.
- Evaluates quality assurance, logistics, safety, and material alternatives.
- Helps determine container costs, movement costs and feasibility limitations.
- Coordinate vendor and/or colleague work assignments on packaging projects.
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Work with customer / supplier contacts to gain approval for packaging
- Work with manufacturing both internally and externally to determine packaging requirements
- Maintain packaging records for all current production and service parts, including history of changes.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Packaging, Material Flow, or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals and project documentation.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Exceptional organizational ability with good follow-up skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Cross functional teamwork, cooperation, integrity, positive attitude, strong work ethic.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.