Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop Rivian’s revenue recognition policies and procedures under ASC 606
· Work cross functionally across the company to develop system flows and integrations for the quote to cash process, with a focus on revenue recognition data
· Development and execution of monthly revenue close procedures, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP (and IFRS, as applicable)
· Help lead the implementation of best practices for revenue accounting to scale the team with the growth of the business and revenue streams
· Maintain revenue systems and ensure accuracy and completeness of all accounts receivable transactions and compliance with company policies
· Prepare and review materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, as well as periodic internal audits
· Support deal negotiations by providing input on transaction structures to align contract terms and business objectives, as well as reviewing significant revenue related agreements to guide the appropriate accounting
· Develop the Revenue Accounting team, and support their growth and professional development
· Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree, or higher; CPA preferred
· 5+ years public accounting and / or corporate accounting experience
· Subject matter expert level knowledge of revenue recognition in U.S. GAAP under ASC 606
· Expert knowledge and capabilities in excel; SAP experience preferred
· Demonstrated experience working and managing cross-functional and cross-regional teams
· Excellent people management skills, including mapping career paths and practicing motivational behaviors
· Proven ability to develop and inspire a team by empowering decision making at all levels, offering frequent opportunities to develop and encourage feedback
· Solid interpersonal communication skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly productive and motivated with a solid work ethic and commitment to excellence
· High sense of accountability for yourself and the team
· Ability to manage multiple priorities by identifying and engaging appropriate associates to deliver under given time constraints and deadlines
· Ability to present ideas and complex concepts in a concise, well organized manner
· Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.